Saint Joseph Church
140 South Main Street, Suffield, CT 06078
Status: Closed in 2017
In 1905, a group of Polish immigrants formed the Saint Joseph Society with the goal of opening a Polish language Catholic Church in Suffield, CT. They began fundraising in 1912 and would eventually purchase the Edwin D. Morgan stable and convert it into a church. On March 12, 1916, Father Francis Wladusz was appointed the first pastor of the Church and the first Mass was held on April 23, 1916, Easter Sunday. The present day church was dedicated on November 9, 1952.
Saint Joseph was merged with Sacred Heart Church in 2017. The final regularly scheduled Mass at Saint Joseph was held in June 2017.
Click on any image for a larger view.