Saint Casimir Church
17 Allen Street, Terryville, CT 06786
Status: Open as of January 21, 2019
In December 1900, the Polish immigrants living in Terryville and attending Immaculate Conception Church formed the Saint Casimir Society. The Society met in the Immaculate Conception Church basement. The group began fundraising to build a Polish Catholic Church. In March 1906, Father Joseph Raniszewski was appointed pastor of the yet unbuilt Saint Casimir Church. Mass was held at Immaculate Conception Church until the Saint Casimir rectory was completed. The Church cornerstone was laid in May 1906. The completed Church was consecrated by Bishop Tierney on September 1, 1907.
In June 2017, the Church was merged with two other area churches into Saint Maximillian Kolbe Parish. As of January 21, 2019, Saint Casimir remains open for Sunday Mass.
Click on any image for a larger view.