Church Window Project

flyer for windows.jpg

Immaculate Conception Church

130 Summer St, Southington, CT 06489

Click on any image for a larger view.


Saint Casimir Church

17 Allen Street, Terryville, CT  06786

Ethnic: Polish

Status:  Open as of January 21, 2019

In December 1900, the Polish immigrants living in Terryville and attending Immaculate Conception Church formed the Saint Casimir Society.  The Society met in the Immaculate Conception Church basement.  The group began fundraising to build a Polish Catholic Church.  In March 1906, Father Joseph Raniszewski was appointed pastor of the yet unbuilt Saint Casimir Church.  Mass was held at Immaculate Conception Church until the Saint Casimir rectory was completed.   The Church cornerstone was laid in May 1906.  The completed Church was consecrated by Bishop Tierney on September 1, 1907.

In June 2017, the Church was merged with two other area churches into Saint Maximillian Kolbe Parish.  As of January 21, 2019, Saint Casimir remains open for Sunday Mass. 

Click on any image for a larger view.


Saint Joseph Church

140 South Main Street, Suffield, CT  06078

Ethnic:  Polish

Status: Closed in 2017

 In 1905, a group of Polish immigrants formed the Saint Joseph Society with the goal of opening a Polish language Catholic Church in Suffield, CT.  They began fundraising in 1912 and would eventually purchase the Edwin D. Morgan stable and convert it into a church.  On March 12, 1916, Father Francis Wladusz was appointed the first pastor of the Church and the first Mass was held on April 23, 1916, Easter Sunday.  The present day church was dedicated on November 9, 1952.

Saint Joseph was merged with Sacred Heart Church in 2017.  The final regularly scheduled Mass at Saint Joseph was held in June 2017.

Click on any image for a larger view.